Saturday, October 4, 2014

"SIMPLY JESUS" DEVOTIONAL - WHAT A WALK! Saturday October 4 2014





Saturday, October 4, 2014
 
Colossians 1:10,11
...That ye might walk worthy of the LORD unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
...Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness...
__________________________
 
"Me?" I thought.  "You want ME to walk along with YOU?"
"Why sure!"  He said.

I felt so honored.  To be in the group with Him was incredibly special.  To be asked to walk right at his side was more than I could have ever dreamed. 
 
I wanted to reflect well on Him.  He had been so good to me. "Stand up straight. Look sharp." I remembered my parent's advice. I wasn't there to challenge or dishonor Him.  I wanted Him to know how much He meant to me. Walk worthy. 
 
"I've got to stay right with Him." I can't believe He invited me. What a privilege!  I tried to pattern my steps after His.  Everything about Him was so impressive.  I just loved Him!  Fruitful in every good work...
 
"Pay close attention" I said to myself.  I wanted to learn everything I could from Him.  I listened to the advice He gave others.  I followed His instructions carefully.  Increasing in the knowledge of God.
 
We came to a rough place and He extended His hand to help me.  Oh what strength I found. I discovered that the longer we walked together the stronger I became.  When He asked me to help another traveler I discovered strength I never knew I possessed. Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power.
 
And then as the journey lengthened and that first-thrill faded, I prayed, "Lord help me to keep going."  I realized this was no sprint. This was a distance event. I prayed for patience.  I wanted to endure. I didn't want to be like those who had fallen away.  Unto all patience and longsuffering.
 
But oh what a joy is this journey!  The longer we walk together...the more I see Him...the more I hear Him...the more I experience Him...the more intimate my relationship with Him...the more peace and joy I feel!  With joyfulness.
 
AND THIS GREAT SAVIOR IS INVITING YOU TODAY--COME UNTO ME.
WILL YOU WALK WITH HIM?
IT'S NOT COMPLICATED.  IT'S SIMPLY JESUS.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment