Monday, June 8, 2015

DARING FAITH + FAITH THAT STANDS - Week 2



DARING FAITH + SUNDAY SERMON APPLICATION
FAITH THAT STANDS

WEEK OF JUNE 7-13

To watch highlights of Sunday Morning's message click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y953d5vNyX0


DARING FAITH not only stands for God's Truth, it acts upon that Truth!  The proof of daring faith is that we act upon the truth we profess to believe.  There's a world of difference between those who are "Fans" of Christ, and those who are "Followers" of Christ. 

MEDITATE ON THESE SCRIPTURES:

Romans 12:1,2  - STAND AGAINST CONFORMITY TO THE WORLD
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Ephesians 6:10-17 - STAND WITH TRUTH AND RIGHTEOUSNESS
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

1 John 2 - STAND AGAINST THE LUST OF THE FLESH, THE LUST OF THE EYES AND THE PRIDE OF LIFE
 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

John 17 - STAND AGAINST THE EVIL THAT IS IN THE WORLD
And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 14 - STAND FOR OBEDIENT LOVE
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

APPLICATION:

1. Who are the people that try to pressure us into conforming to their agenda, rather than to God's agenda?

2. How do we know what stands we must take?

3. It is not only that we stand for truth, but it is important that we stand for truth with grace.  Jesus was full of "grace and truth."  In what spirit, or attitude, should we stand?

4. Tell about a time or two when you have taken a stand for Christ's truth.  What was the outcome?

5. Who stands with those who stand for God's Truth?







 






No comments:

Post a Comment