Saturday, June 27, 2015

CALL TO FALL SUNDAY - JUNE 28 2015



Fresh from our trip to Charleston, South Carolina, and having witnessed firsthand the tragedy and the response to the horrible slaughter of 9 innocent African American Christians in their church, my heart is full and my thoughts are many. 

It is more evident than ever that THE POWER OF THE GOSPEL to transform lives and to purify hearts is undiminished. 

My first reaction to the SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA requiring all 50 states to recognize homosexual marriage is not anger, nor hate, but it is profound sadness.  I'm not sad because my marriage or the Covenant marriages of God's people are threatened, I'm sad because the Word of God, reason, and history teach us that this will not end well for those who have rejected God's Word and refused God's Authority. 

It is a slippery slope we started many years ago when we decided that it was our prerogative to divide what God has joined.  Jesus said, "For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife, and they two shall be one flesh....what God has joined together let not man put asunder." 

And what was the basis of our revelation that it was now permissible to divide what God has joined?  For some it was convenience.  For others it was "you broke your promise so I can break mine."  For most it was, "I just feel different now than I did back when I made my vow."  God is forgiving we rationalized.  God is compassionate.  We all knew He would understand.

Now we have come to another revelation.  Not only can we divide what God has joined, we can join together what God has divided.  Unhinged from any moral authority except our own lights, we have seen fit to condone the marriages of men with men and women with women. 

The next permutation of the deviant is not hard to imagine.

But GOD IS FAITHFUL.  We have seen HIM bring revival and reformation to our nation before.  We will see it again! 




No comments:

Post a Comment