Sunday, September 29, 2013

BULLETIN SEPT 29 2013 - PASTOR'S PERSPECTIVE

I pray for you.  I pray for this congregation! 

I pray for for the salvation of those who are without God and without hope.  I pray for the
sanctification of the believers.  I pray for the material needs of the congregation.  I pray for the physical needs of our Church family.  But in recent days I have found myself driven to pray that God would strengthen those of us who have repented of our sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.

The Apostle Paul prayed for the Christians at Ephesus.  “...to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man.”  (Ephesians 3:16ff).

If God’s people were strengthened with God’s might in their inner man, they would stand up and prevail when tempted.  If God’s people were strengthened with God’s might in their inner man they would not wither, rather they would stand and triumph when persecuted.  If God’s people were strengthened with God’s might in their inner man, they would not surrender to the impulses of the flesh, rather they would unconditionally surrender to the will of God.

We’re praying for Christians who will stand strong against the world, the flesh, and the devil.  

We’re praying that God’s people will be Biblically grounded not philosophically adrift, Spirit-driven not slaves to sensuality, and Christ-like in our sacrificial love for God and one another not self-promoters who are proud and self-righteous.

There is a day coming when those who are not strong in the Lord will be unable to stand against the intense pressure to be conformed to this world’s system.  It is my prayer that not one of us will be lost in that hour.  I’m praying that God will strengthen us so that we will stand, and stand faithfully.

Thanks again for coming today.  You are all greatly loved and appreciated.  Let us know how we can minister to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment