Sunday, January 13, 2013

PASTOR'S PERSPECTIVE JANUARY 13 2013


Recently these alarming statistics came across my desk.  “If you live in the typical American community–with 100 average neighbors–here’s the reality: 7 of your neighbors struggle with depression, even contemplating suicide; 7 abuse or are addicted to drugs or alcohol; 8 are struggling with unemployment; and 60 don’t profess to know Jesus Christ as their Savior.” That makes me hope we’re not “typical!”  

What seems so obvious to God’s people, seems so obscure to the world.  The answer is not found in man’s wisdom, nor in man’s methods, nor is it found in man’s means.

The transformation that we need comes when we “present our bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God.”  As we refuse to be conformed to this world--what they value, what they honor, what they do, and then present ourselves to the Lord, God miraculously works in us to completely transform us!  

HE CHANGES WHO WE ARE! “Be ye transformed!”
HE CHANGES HOW WE THINK! “By the renewing of your mind”
HE CHANGES HOW WE LIVE! “That ye may prove the good, acceptable, and perfect will of God!”

THIS IS NO TIME TO GIVE UP ON GOD’S WORD, TURN FROM GOD’S WILL, RUN FROM GOD’S CHURCH, OR REFUSE GOD’S LOVE!  Now is the time for God’s people to PRESENT THEMSELVES WHOLLY! 

I’m so glad that God loves me!  Oh I’m so glad I’m a child of the King!  I’m so glad He is on throne!  And I’m glad He will never leave us or forsake us!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment