Saturday, February 16, 2013

PEACE THROUGH THE BLOOD, DAILY DEVOTION, SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2013


SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2013
43 Days to Resurrection Sunday
Colossians 1:20  “Having made peace through the blood of the cross.”



SCRIPTURE READING: COLOSSIANS 1:9-23a
9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…

REFLECTION: The Prophet Isaiah heard from Heaven:  “There is no peace, saith the Lord, to the wicked.” (Isaiah 57:21). 

Men who are at war with God have no peace.  Men who are at war with God, war with one another and war within.  As certainly as peace on the battlefields of this war-torn world is bought only at the price of blood, so peace with God can only be purchased at the price of blood.

Every fallen man of Adam’s race is an enemy combatant.  It can only be thought amazing that God would deign to send heaven’s best into this enemy occupied territory.  But God so loved…

We have all sinned.  We are by nature children of wrath.  But through the sacrifice of that Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, we have been DELIVERED from the power of darkness, TRANSLATED into the Kingdom of Christ, REDEEMED from the dominion of the slave-master called sin, and FORGIVEN from every we have committed. 

Now we are no longer at war with God, we belong to God! There is peace through the blood of the cross.  Hallelujah what a Savior. 

Jesus my Lord will love me forever,
From Him no pow’r of evil can sever;
He gave His life to ransom my soul—
Now I belong to Him!

Chorus
Now I belong to Jesus,
Jesus belongs to me—
Not for the years of time alone,
But for eternity.

Once I was lost in sin’s degradation,
Jesus came down to bring me salvation,
Lifted me up from sorrow and shame—
Now I belong to Him!

Joy floods my soul, for Jesus has saved me,
Freed me from sin that long had enslaved me;
His precious blood He gave to redeem—
Now I belong to Him!



PRAYER: Our Father which art in Heaven, we give Thee all the glory, and the praise, and the honor for offering up your only Son as a full, and perfect, and sufficient sacrifice for the sins of the whole world.  I confess it is my duty to love you with all of my heart.  May that love be the motive for all the that I do.  May my affections, my senses, my health, my time, and whatever talents I have be wholly thine.  May the joy I have from peace with God, lead me to a greater love for God.  Thank you Lord for saving my soul.  In the strong name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment