Saturday, May 29, 2010

MEMORIAL DAY MESSAGE - MAY 2010

In cemeteries all across our nation grieving families have bid farewell to their soldiers, soldiers who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Who can ever forget the loud report of the soldiers firing the 21 gun salute, and then the bugler playing the mournful tune "Taps." Though there are no official words to the tune, there are some popular lyrics that are rich with meaning:

Day is done,
gone the sun,
From the lake, from the hills,
From the sky.All is well,
safely rest,God is nigh.Fades the light;

And afarGoeth day,
And the starsShineth bright,
Fare thee well; Day has gone,Night is on.Thanks and praise, For our days,'Neath the sun, Neath the stars,'Neath the sky,As we go, This we know,God is nigh.

Though the President of the United States can't make it to Arlington National Cemetery to lay a wreath at the tomb of the Unknown soldier, (he's on vacation in Chicago), let us each one pause to thank the Lord for not only the soldiers who have died defending freedom, but all of our loved ones who've now made the crossing and are safe in the arms of Jesus.

May the devotion of those who have gone before inspire us all to greater faith and deeper commitment to the Cause of Christ, and His Kingdom.

CODE OF CONDUCT
The United States military requires every soldier to uphold this code of conduct:
1. I am an American fighting man. I serve in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
2. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist.
3. If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole or special favors from the enemy.
4. If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.
5. When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.
6. I will never forget that I am an American fighting man, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

Here is a CODE OF CONDUCT for SOLDIERS SERVING THE BODY OF CHRIST that my Father wrote and delivered:

I.
I am a Christian. I serve in the defense of Christ and His way of life. I am prepared to die for Him.

II.
I will never surrender to the enemy of my own free will. If I am a pastor I will never surrender one of the flock.

III.
If I fall captive to temptation, I will turn to Christ, the sure way of escape. I will aid others to escape. I will never accept compromise to ease the pressure exerted against me.

IV.
I will keep faith with my fellow Christians. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am a pastor, I will take, responsibility to shepherd the flock. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

V.
When questioned, I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to Christ or the Church or harmful to their cause. I will freely and fully profess my faith, and make every effort to bring my questioners to salvation.

VI.
I will never forget that I am a Christian, responsible for my actions before God, and dedicated to the principles of the Word of God. I will trust God and be true, whatever it costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment